But fear not, there are a decent number of work from home jobs in california if you know where to look. And due to the state’s strict labor policies, a large number of them are full-time employment opportunities with decent benefits.
In this article, we have put together a list of 20 companies that are currently recruiting remote workers in California. Note: Some of these jobs might not be available at the time of this reading, but they were all in the process of being hired at the time of writing.
20 Home Jobs for People in California
- Amazon – Amazon has really stepped up its remote work operations in recent years. They have all kinds of work from home opportunities available right now, including entry level positions and higher paying positions. Most of these jobs are location dependent, and there seem to be quite a few offers for people who live in California.
- Automatique – This is the parent company behind WordPress, Tumblr, and a number of other well-known online services. They’re huge and have a large, remote workforce, with jobs for people of all experience levels, all over the world.
- A way – If you have one year of experience in a direct customer contact job, you can apply to work as a telephone representative for this luggage company. California positions available. The salary is not disclosed.
- Point correction – Read Stitch Fix Review – This is a California-based company that helps people shop for clothes and provides personalized fashion advice. Compensation varies depending on the position. Some of the jobs are high paying gigs with strict requirements (software engineers, etc.) while others are for entry-level applicants.
- Carewell – A company that manufactures and sells care products for the elderly. They have customer service associate positions available in California. The salary is $ 15 to $ 18 an hour.
- Omada health – It is a consulting firm in health and well-being. They frequently hire remote customer service people across the country, including California.
- PetDesk – A veterinary software company. They hire remote customer service agents in California. The salary is $ 20 an hour.
- United health – This large health insurance company hires remote customer service agents in California and several other states. Jobs are full time only and your schedule may vary from week to week, depending on the needs of the business. They offer 16 weeks of paid training to new recruits, delivered virtually by computer. Compensation is not disclosed.
- American Specialty Health – Another insurance company, with several locations in California. They hire entry-level remote customer service agents and also offer a number of other remote-only jobs with more stringent experience / education requirements. The pay for their call center jobs is $ 15 an hour.
- Share ownership management – Apply for a customer service position with this California homeowners association management company. The pay is $ 20 an hour and some jobs seem to require night shifts.
- Boldly – This company is quite well known in the remote staffing industry. They offer work from home in a number of different categories, but are particularly known for their virtual assistant work, which has a starting salary of $ 22 per hour. As of this writing, Boldy is currently hiring in 22 states, including California.
- LaserAway – A large laser hair removal chain. They hire full-time remote planning coordinators in California. Weekend availability is required and the salary is $ 16 per hour.
- Horizon3.ai – Get hired as the Customer Success Manager for this cybersecurity software design company. The requirements aren’t explicitly spelled out in their hiring documents, but I suspect you’ll need a fair amount of relevant prior experience. The remuneration is not specified.
- Motorola Solutions – This well-known telecommunications company is currently recruiting leaders for remote customer success in California. Requires 3 years of experience. The salary is not specified, but there are many benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, and vacations.
- Songbird therapy – Find a job in a call center with this company that provides home care for children with autism. The position involves a mix of responsibilities, including customer service, appointment scheduling, and virtual assistant duties. This is a full time position. The salary is not specified, but they seem to offer a package of benefits.
- Prospective mental health – This mental health care provider has several remote openings for California residents, including virtual therapist jobs for qualified applicants and some customer service positions.
- Jerry – This company sells an app that helps people find insurance deals in their area. They are hiring in California for a number of different remote positions including customer service and content writing positions. Equipment will be provided. Compensation varies depending on the position.
- Heavenly fields – A non-profit organization dedicated to urban agriculture initiatives. They are hiring remote customer service agents in California. Salary is not disclosed, but they do offer a benefit package including health coverage and a 401k.
- trader – This company operates a peer to peer marketplace for the trade and purchase of luxury fashion products. Most of their positions are based at the WFH and they hire in California. Salary varies depending on the job and your location, but they set a minimum threshold of 50,000 per year for entry-level positions.
- TutorMe – A virtual tutoring company. They are actively recruiting online tutors in California. The salary is $ 16 an hour. Specific requirements vary by position, but a college education is generally mandatory for all tutoring jobs.
If you are not already, be sure to subscribe to our weekly homework newsletters! We list openings for California in these emails when we find them. It’s free to be on our list.
We hope the above list has given our California readers some great starting points for finding their next work from home job! Good luck!
Want to find more flexible work from home jobs?
If you want more legitimate and flexible home jobs, I recommend get a FlexJobs membership. I’m a member here and love it! They pre-screen all of their job leads for scams before posting them and most of what I have found pay a respectable salary.
They also have a policy against posting job leads submitted by companies that do not have actual physical offices.
FlexJobs has been listed as the best site for telecommuting jobs on Forbes, CNN, USA Today, and several other reputable media outlets.
You can go to the account settings once you have your subscription and configure it so that it doesn’t charge you for the next month if you just want to try it out for a month and see how you like it. This is what I did, but I chose to keep my membership.
It costs $ 14.95 per month and it’s easy to cancel. You can get 30% off your subscription if you use a promo code AFFILPROMO at the register.