Automate sales and marketing processes with Microsoft Dynamics integration
Aligning sales and marketing to work together seamlessly is still the holy grail for many B2B businesses. And it comes with its own challenges.
Studies show this 43% of people working in sales and marketing lack accurate and shared data on accounts and leads, while 37% view the sales and marketing processes as flawed or flawed. These are quite significant percentages.
Businesses often don’t segment their audience (or don’t segment their audience precisely enough), which means marketers can’t create and deliver content tailored to their prospects’ needs. On the flip side, salespeople don’t get the right qualified leads that they can close. And a vicious circle is created.
Many organizations don’t have the data or tactics in place to answer questions such as:
- When do we assume the prospect is ready to be passed on to the sales team?
- What does a qualified prospect mean in our organization?
- What happens when the prospect does not buy from us after X attempts or a month of personal contact with a seller? Many organizations disqualify prospects like these and never contact them again.
Top it all off with manual data management in Excel spreadsheets that takes time and effort and is prone to errors.
Add it all up and it directly affects the bottom line of the business.
In this article we take a look at practical solutions on how technology can help bring sales and marketing processes together – and automate them using integration between Microsoft Dynamics CRM and the GetResponse MAX marketing automation platform. So that the two teams share a harmonious and collaborative workspace.
Use lead scoring to identify qualified leads for sales (SQL)
With GetResponse MAX, you can automate complex scenarios to feed your audience with relevant and personalized communications.
All the actions and interactions of your prospects with your brand can become a source of significant perspectives, but only if you can monitor and interpret data at scale. This is where marketing automation and lead scoring come in, allowing you to automate the interpretation of the actions (or lack thereof) of your customers to scaling and automatically.
The main score is a measure of the likelihood that an individual prospect will convert to a customer. It is based on their characteristics as indicated by the information they provide to your business when they register using a form, and their behavior such as interactions with your website and emails.
The main score opens the door to better codevelopment between your sales and your marketing teams, allowing them to work in parallel towards common goals with all the information, insight and data they might need.
Here’s how you can use it in your GetResponse MAX account:
- To begin with, determine what value (number of points) to be awarded certain actions and behaviors, such as visiting a specific page, downloading certain content or watching a video.
- Then, with the sales team, establish a threshold to qualify a lead. Once the score equals or exceeds a specific value, it’s time to pass that lead on to the sales team.
- In this way, sales can focus on qualified leads only, while the marketing team continues to feed the unskilled with content that slowly prepares them to buy.
Marketing automation makes the whole process quick, simple and straightforward as the score is assigned automatically in the marketing automation workflows you create in GetResponse MAX, all based on customer actions and behaviors. .
Here’s what a scoring point workflow might look like:
Use the engagement score to identify the most active and inactive prospects
Engagement Score is a GetResponse tool that identifies and scores your contacts’ activity based on their interactions with your emails.
We process the data in real time to provide you with a prediction of your contacts’ interest in your emails. On this basis, we put the contacts at a certain level of engagement, choosing from among 5-step ladder:
- Not engaged
- At risk
- Very committed
Here’s how you can use it in your marketing campaigns:
- Automatically segment your contacts based on their engagement levels using dynamic segmentation. Just create segments based on engagement once.
- Use your segments to send better targeted emails based on engagement score. For those with low engagement, you can try to regain their interest with a reactivation campaign. For those who are engaged, create content that keeps their engagement high.
Automatically forward qualified leads to your sales team
When you’ve set up your lead scoring and engagement workflows, you can automate the SQL transmission process to your sales team with the GetResponse MAX Dynamics CRM integration.
Follow the simple steps:
- Configure an automation workflow to move qualified contacts to a specific list in the GetResponse MAX account.
- This list is then automatically synchronized with Dynamics CRM, making all your contact data and information on their behavior available to your sales team in real time.
This is what it looks like in the Microsoft Dynamics panel:
Create dynamic marketing lists in Dynamics CRM
In B2B organizations, every lead is valuable, especially if you’re selling high-value products and services with high CPAs. A single sale can have a huge impact on ROI.
To avoid losing promising leads, use Dynamics CRM to automate your lead assessment process.
With the integration, you can find specified groups and segment them at a glance, based on all the information available in real time, transferred to Dynamic CRM from your GetResponse MAX account.
How it works?
Your contacts are dynamically added to segments and updated in real time in your CRM. So, if you create a segment on Monday and run a sales campaign on Wednesday, the people in that period will be added automatically and the list will be updated.
Create automated workflows for remarketing campaigns
A typical scenario in B2B companies might look like this:
- Marketing develops and manages lead nurturing campaigns.
- Then forwards the qualified contact information to sales for personal and one-on-one contact.
- The process results in either a purchase or no opportunity created.
What happens when a contact is dropped?
The marketing budget spent on acquisition, like expensive LinkedIn ads, exhibits, and other marketing costs, will have worked for brand awareness, but has not generated any income for the effort, money, and time spent.
To avoid this, we recommend that you establish an automated process, sending all contacts who didn‘t buy return to the marketing team For more feed. This will maximize your return on investment and reduce customer acquisition costs.
Here’s how you can do it in Dynamics CRM:
- Create a dynamic list of all contacts that meet specified requirements, such as the time required for personal contact with the sales team that did not result in a sale.
- Using the integration with GetResponse MAX, feed them back to the marketing support flow automatically.
- Let the marketing team create a rewarding series of emails in GetResponse MAX to send valuable content to prospects who haven’t converted.
Marketing automation will take care of the rest of the remarketing campaign.
You can configure these processes once, and they will work for you for as long as you need them. And you’ll have time to focus on the creative part of sales and marketing, and on optimizing your campaigns.
Marketing automation and cutting-edge marketing and sales stack integration can be powerful in aligning sales and marketing processes, making sure no promising leads slip through the cracks.
The goal is not to reinvent the wheel, using time and resources, but to keep up established processes proven to help grow and scale businesses. And they are available through the Microsoft Dynamics CRM integration you can try with your GetResponse MAX account.
Click the button below to learn more: