The recent digital explosion is radically changing our lives. Spending some time on our phones before going to sleep is a nighttime ritual, and the beep or buzz of these phones wakes us up in the morning. Some of my friends tell me they do things in their bathroom :)!
Our devices are portals to the connected world, and they are always less than an arm’s length away. So of course, digital has shaped the way to buy for today’s consumer as well. We will take a look.
Old or new paths in the customer journey
There is no need to drive to the store and depend on a salesperson for the information we need to make a buying decision. We can now even order groceries online and have them delivered periodically. Buying and decision making has been made easier thanks to advancements in technology.
There are many stimuli to stimulate your interest in products. These micro-moments move on the complicated and mobile dominated shopping path.
The micro-moments that pique a customer’s interest occur in bursts, usually for short moments – an elevator ride, waiting for the subway, queuing for coffee. I recently bought an electronic device from a popular e-commerce website while waiting in the car.
The path to purchase varies depending on company size, industry, and location. You and your customers both benefit from seeing how customers interact with digital touchpoints on the way to purchase.
As a marketer, you need to improve your game with your customers in this new age.
- You need to demonstrate that you are on top of the trends and can guide your client as a trusted digital advisor.
- Build trust by providing answers to important questions customers have.
- Have reviews, testimonials, videos on how your products or services work.
- Show interesting facts about your business behind the scenes so people know.
- Make sure your product helps your customer so they can refer you and keep coming back
- Invest in marketing automation and customer database management with CRMs
- SEO of your website, invest in digital marketing to grow your new customers
- Include effective email marketing strategies to reach old customers with useful offers.
Its people of 2021, in this time of Covid, you have to think differently because anything can happen. Staying focused on what is working is the key to success. Stay curious and wish you every success in 2021. Be optimistic because digital is changing at the moment.