Infographics have always been considered more interesting and engaging than plain text. This is simply due to the fact that it is easier to grab the reader’s attention with images than with text. In the contemporary world, information graphics have also acquired considerable importance on digital platforms. the impact of the infographic on traffic is clearly noticeable from the different trends. That is why; businesses trying to maintain a strong online presence rely heavily on infographics for larger page visits.
What exactly are infographics?
« Computer graphics » is still a relatively new term, although the concept itself has been around for a long time. It is essentially a matter of converting information into a graphic format, incorporating images, shapes, colors, etc. Examples of graphical information include statistical graphs and charts that present complex data in a simplified manner.
Why are infographics important?
The importance and usefulness of infographics has increased in recent times. Whether it’s social media, internet websites, or magazines, you are likely to come across infographics almost anywhere. Here’s what makes infographics so popular:
- High traffic: Experiments carried out through Social media marketing clearly show that posts with infographic-based content generate much higher responses than those that are based entirely on plain text. This makes infographics a major tool for marketing purposes. Proper use of infographics can dramatically increase the traffic visiting your page. It basically means that more people will get to know about your products, services and more.
- Attractive: From books and newspapers to the internet and social media posts, images are always more appealing. It is based on the simple fact that colorful graphic content catches our attention more than text. This is one of the main reasons for the popularity of infographics on social media.
- Brand awareness: Every time you use infographics, it helps build better brand awareness. For example, simply incorporating your company logo into info-graphics content would create a bold branding image. The target audience viewing the content is more likely to remember your brand. Info-graphic-based content is also shared more and would therefore ensure greater exposure to a brand.
- Impression: Infographics can be used to give the audience an impression about the brand. Based on the design, viewers would get a feel for the principles of your business and how it works. For example, a business can either put together a format look, a funky style, a casual look and more, depending on the type of products and services it offers. Many brands hire reputable companies to help them develop the right infographics that would deliver a desirable brand message.
- Data simplification: The main reason infographic was born is that it simplifies complex data. Even if the term info-graphic sounds new to you, you should be familiar with statistical data represented by graphics. This is because it is much easier for the human brain to understand compact graphical information rather than complex textual data. As a result, it is much easier for readers to understand the information. While trying to market something or make your target audience aware of certain trends, it would be much easier to explain it through infographics.