When it comes to WordPress plugins for ecommerce, WooCommerce occupies the majority of the market share. 93.7% of online stores built with WordPress use WooCommerce. TheeDigital web developers exclusively use WordPress and often choose WooCommerce over other plugins for websites with online stores.
WooCommerce is a free plugin that works seamlessly with WordPress websites. It is flexible and offers many options for store owners and developers. It also offers many extensions and is constantly updated. WooCommerce is a driving force behind many of the ecommerce trends you’ll see in 2021.
1. Better mobile shopping experiences
In 2017, 34% of online sales worldwide came from mobile devices. Fast forward a bit and by 2021 54% of global e-commerce sales are expected to come from mobile devices.
This means that online stores have to be responsive, in order for them to work and look great on any device. The charging time is also important for the mobile. Consumers may lose patience with a page that refuses to load on their device. Fortunately, there are many WooCommerce compatible themes available on WordPress that take the mobile shopping trend into account:
- Woostroid – Woostroid is a popular, fast loading ecommerce theme ideal for creating a mobile-friendly shopping experience.
- KALLYAS – The KALLYAS theme allows you to easily create a responsive online store.
- Flatsome – Flatsome is one of the best selling WooCommerce themes. Use the drag and drop builder to create a beautiful, responsive online store that works great on mobile devices.
2. Improved product pages
Over the past few years, we have seen video, virtual reality, and 360 ° visual content take on their full meaning. New technologies and faster internet speeds have made it easier for web designers to include this type of content on their websites. This is great news for ecommerce as it means more enhanced product pages that can include video to show your product in action. WooCommerce even offers a 360 ° image feature, which allows users to add dynamic 360 ° rotation to your product images. This is just the beginning. Early career virtual and augmented reality startups are focused on e-commerce, so expect more of these features to be added to WooCommerce in 2021.
In addition to the video, expect more detailed descriptions on the product pages. While brief textual content is generally the norm, product pages are different. The more information, the better! Make sure to include your main keywords and phrases to boost your SEO.
3. Personalized shopping experiences
While artificial intelligence will certainly help provide personalized customer service, this technology also helps deliver more personalized shopping experiences. Personalizing a shopping experience is more than just greeting your customer by name. Knowing the location, language, and buying habits of your customers allows you to show them local events or sales that would be of interest to them as they browse your online store. WooCommerce offers a variety of features to help you deliver a more personalized shopping experience to your customers:
- Multilingual press – Speak your client’s language with MultilingualPress! If your online store has gone global, translating your product pages is key to increasing conversions.
- WooCommerce additional product options – WooCommerce Extra Product Options extension allows you to create forms with conditional logic so that customers can easily customize products as they want.
- WooCommerce Darwin pricing integration – Add coupon codes and geo-targeted tracking codes with WooCommerce Darwin pricing integration plugin.
4. New interfaces for customer service
Chatbots are coming! In fact, they have already arrived. Artificial intelligence and machine learning work wonders when it comes to customer service. Chatbots are available 24/7 and can answer simple questions. With machine learning, chatbots can get even smarter as they learn more about your customers. WooCommerce is ahead of this trend. There are already several chatbot plugins that work with WooCommerce:
- WooWBot – The WooWBot is a standalone chatbot shop assistant that does not require any third-party service integration.
- Facebook Messenger for WooCommerce – Facebook Messenger is leading the way in chatbots. Use BotMaker to easily integrate with your WooCommerce store.
- Omitted – Omise is another integration that connects Facebook Messenger to your online store.
5. Unique e-commerce websites to grab attention
It is always important to stand out, especially in the big world of e-commerce. Making your site’s appearance more unique can help cement your business in the minds of visitors and potential customers and we anticipate that we will see a specific aesthetic that will help keep people interested. Nowadays, trends such as using high saturation, minimalist design, and bright, eye-catching colors can grab attention and can help you save more time on the page and ultimately to conversions.
An experienced WooCommerce website developer can help you get the design that makes your business site feel and look memorable and attractive.